Friday, September 03, 2004

 

All Hail Eris!

As I am writing this, I am listening to:
"Sometimes Always" by The Jesus And Mary Chain (JAMC for short) feat. Hope Sandoval (the singer of Mazzy Star).
Such a light-hearted track. Reminds me of my 1st year in college... Oh, the nostalgia...

Anyway, my post today has nothing to do with that.

I shall now discuss the most bizarre piece of literature (if you can call it that) I have ever had the pleasure of reading...

It is called :

"Principia Discordia, Or, How I Found Goddess And What I Did To Her When I Found Her"
(Wherein is Explained Absolutely Everything Worth Knowing About Absolutely Anything)

Yes that is the actual title.

I actually have a copy of it.
But you can read it all online. Go here and click on "read the book"
http://www.principiadiscordia.com


Here's the lowdown:
First of all, this is not a "traditional book" in any way (there are many pages with just images/graphics which seem to all have been compiled haphazardly).

(Here's a brief description from the actual website):

In 1968, virtually nobody had heard of this wonderful book. In 1970, hundreds of people coast to coast were talking about it and asking the identity of the mysterious author, Malaclypse the Younger.
Rumors swept across the continent, from New York to Los Angeles, from Seattle to St. Joe. Malaclypse was actually Alan Watts, one heard.
No, said another legend -- the Principia was actually the work of the Sufi Order.
A third, very intriguing myth held that Malaclypse was a pen-name for Richard M. Nixon, who had allegedly composed the Principia during a few moments of lucidity.
I enjoyed each of these yarns and did my part to help spread them.
I was also careful never to contradict the occasional rumors that I had actually written the whole thing myself during an acid trip.
The legendry, the mystery, the cult grew slowly. By the mid-1970's, thousands of people, some as far off as Hong Kong and Australia, were talking about the Principia, and since the original was out of print by then, xerox copies were beginning to circulate here and there.
--Robert Anton Wilson


I'm trying to get Kuwait on the map... So hustle hustle and start readin' people! (Plus, I'm dying to meet anyone who has read it).

It's creative, hilarious, blasphemous and everything in between.

Note: One must be familiar with Eris--the goddess of discord (google it up if you have no idea what I'm talking about).

Among my favorite quotes:

"Bullshit makes the flowers grow---And that's beautiful".

----------------

1. Catholicism: No meat on Fridays.
2. Hinduism: No meat of beef.
3. Judaism: No meat of pork.
4. Islam: No meat of pork.
5. Discordianism: No hot dog buns.


----------------

There are so many... I could go on and on.

You may not agree on the insanity in this book, but I guarantee you will have a good laugh. (you'll see what I mean once you read it)

Note II: This is NOT a book for the following:
Skeptics
Naysayers
Beardos (bearded fundamentalist weirdos)
The weak of heart
The weak of spleen
People who have no sense of humor

It may very well change your life.
You have been warned...

FNORD!

Comments:
You still did not give a summary on the book
 
First of all:
It's very difficult to "summarize" a book such as this... Namely because it isn't really a book in the conventional sense. It's a series of pages that don't always relate. Random excerpts and images with a common theme/link, which in my opinion, is the element of "chaos". (Hence the Erisian references to chaos and discord).
Some make sense. Some don't. Some aren't supposed to.

Second of all:
This is not an amazon.com book review...

That's why I included the link... Read it and make your own judgement/summary.

I can't spoon-feed you everything :)
 
ok, what can you spoon feed me then ?
 
Dude....I can answer that question in a multitude of ways... And I'm afraid not all of them will be kosher...
So, being the type of being that I be --- I will choose to say "no comment".
 
give it a shot :)
 
interesting
 
:P
 
Wow...
I had no idea that P-72's fetish was so publicized...
--light bulb overhead--
Idea for a new post:
"Things you can spoon-feed someone in dire need of being spoon-fed"...

Flashback:
"It is not the spoon that bends -- it is you".
 
what can I say, I am inspirational
 
wow just found this blog!!

great stuff
 
Ummmm....
You're starting to lose me man...
What's this with potatoes and asses?
Besides, potatoes are hard...
They are only nice and tender when boiled/cooked.
Then you can make yummy mashed potatoes...
Which, by the way, you can eat with a spoon.
Hence, "Spoon-feed" yourself some soft, tender potatoes!

(You see how I went full circle with that?)

hehe :)
 
interesting
 
I changed my mind, I do not want to be spoon fed.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?