Tuesday, September 28, 2004

 

Jeff Buckley---R.I.P.

Right now I'm at work, got my headphones on and listening to the song "Mojo Pin" by Jeff Buckley (from his album "Grace"---which is a must-have for any real music fan).

He had perhaps one of the most beautiful voices I have ever heard in my life. Unfortunately, he accidentally drowned in May 1997. He was only 31. It was such a tragic day. I remember watching the news and thinking "Damn, it's such a shame... Such a loss to the music world".

"Grace" is 10 tracks of pure genius. This album really shows his vocal capacity. Each track is different. Resembling at times a soft-sung Robert Plant, capable of dizzying arabesques to mellow Blues-y moods, to art-school noise, to choir-boy sweetness...

Honestly, his rendition of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" could possibly be the most gorgeous and heart-breaking song ever recorded.
It gets me every time. Every time.

--Sigh--

Anyway, I just wanted to share that with you guys (whoever you may be). Give y'all a bit of musical insight in case you have never heard of him...

Have a nice day.

Comments:
eclectic taste or is it eclairic taste?
 
"Eclectic".
And yes...My musical taste is just that...
 
Cici, thanks for the comment...
And yeah, I know that single (I downloaded it a few months ago)...
There's also a new "Legacy Edition" release of "Grace", which features an additional cd (includes the track "Forget Her"), plus a bonus Dvd (you can get it on amazon.com)
 
migrant, sh7qa u do not comment on my posts
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?