Sunday, October 24, 2004

 

Artist of the week...

Let me introduce you to Sam Brown One of my all-time favorite (and little known) artists.

I've been following up on his work for a couple years now.
Here's how he works...
He has people e-mail him little "captions", and then makes artwork according to his own interpretation of those titles...

I love how he combines whimsical yet crude (almost child-like) graphics, with very mature and complex titles. I check his site often. He usually has something new at least on a weekly basis...

Here are some of my favorite pieces:


Can't let go


It's been so long since I last saw you


I need to know if I can trust you


I loved you at all the wrong times


I never expected this!


Is that really me?


And then it came to me...


I wish I could fly


Hold on, I love you


There is an emptiness inside


I'm listening to sad songs


It was because of you



I could do this forever... I love all his work...Oh, and make sure you check out his Other stuff (a series of rougher sketches etc...)

Comments:
They're cute but also no offense kinda' scary :P

I've seen a music video that had little thingies walking around look like the "people" that this guy drew. He's talented that's for sure.
 
Where did you find it? Interesting read » »
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?