Saturday, October 30, 2004

 

Dude, Where's My Karma?

Ok...Here goes...

Call me crazy, but I swear, since that "Mecca Cola" post, I have been having really bad Karma (bad luck, bad energy, or whatever you want to call it).
Now, I’m not really superstitious---but I believe in Karma.

Here’s the low-down:

In Buddhist teachings, the "Law of Karma" states:
"for every event that occurs, there will follow another event whose existence was caused by the first, and this second event will be pleasant or unpleasant according as its cause was skillful or unskillful".

(A "skillful" event is one that is not accompanied by craving, resistance or delusions. An "unskillful" event is one that is accompanied by any one of those things.)


Similarly, Newton's 3rd Law of Motion states:
“For every action there is an equal and opposite re-action”.


And from Junior-High Physics, I'm sure we all remember that:
"Energy is neither gained nor lost, only transformed from one form to another".


Therefore, I firmly believe the energy you put out, returns to you eventually (in one form or another).
You send out good vibes -- you get good vibes in return.
And vice versa…

This site suggests that:

Thus, all human efforts are conditioned by an inherent factor of inefficiency.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the term:

Entropy: noun
1) Symbol "S", for a closed thermodynamic system, a quantitative measure of the amount of thermal energy not available to do work.

2) A measure of the disorder or random-ness in a closed system.

3) A measure of the loss of information in a transmitted message.

4) The tendency for all matter and energy in the universe to evolve toward a state of inert uniformity.

5) Inevitable and steady deterioration of a system or society. (Ummm. Can you say Kuwait?)


Ok kids, here's where it gets a bit technical...

The 1st and 2nd Laws of Thermodynamics (Entropy) state that:

Namely, there is something that unifies the world (constitutes it as a continuum) which if you go forward or backward in time, remains entirely the same.

It is, in effect, through this conservation or out of it that all real-world dynamics occurs, yet the first law itself is entirely indifferent to these changes or dynamics.

As far as the first law is concerned, nothing changes at all, and this is just the definition of a symmetry, something that remains invariant, indifferent or unchanged given certain transformations, and the remarkable point with respect to the first law is that it refers to that which is conserved (the quantity of energy) or remains symmetric under all transformations

Note: There seems to be a contradiction between the first and second principles.
One says that heat and energy are two dimensions of the same nature;
the other says they are not, since potential energy is degraded irreversibly to an inferior, less noble, lower-quality form.

Thanks to the mathematical relation between disorder and probability, it is possible to use one or the other of two statements:

1) "left to itself, an isolated system tends toward a state of maximum disorder"

or

2) "left to itself, an isolated system tends toward a state of higher probability."
These equivalent expressions can be summarized:

The concepts of entropy and irreversibility, derived from the second principle, have had a tremendous impact on our view of the universe.


(Once again, the Principia Discordia comes to mind, if you haven't already, I suggest you read it)

So...
With all these factors combined, I have made the following conclusion:

"Karma is a bitch you don't wanna mess with".


And seeing as how I was so "negative" in my last post, the universe decided to balance things out by giving me an equally negative (a.k.a. shitty) and weird weekend…

And so I will conclude with the Quote of the day:
"How is it possible to understand life when the entire world is ordered by a law such as the second principle of thermodynamics, which points to death and annihilation?"
-- Leon Brillouin


Comments:
Since you changed your template, your posts are hard to read. Also, I have no clue what you ate last night, but stay away from it :)
 
P-72: You seem to be the only one having this difficulty...
And what I ate (or rather didn't eat) is not related to the contents of this post :)


Shady Q80:
You bring up good points
I too must do my homework
Damn Karma Loop-holes...
 
Alternatively:

God bless engineers
Always doing their homework
He he he he he...
 
I know,still does not help.
 
Interesting post, hehe it's about time someone mentioned Karma around here, I believe in Karma to a certain extent, similar to the thing that we have in Kuwait or in our traditions something like that when you laugh so much you would say "alla yaster mn hal the7ek" or something like that containing the meaning of God help us to what's coming because if you laugh so hard you will experience something that will make you NOT laugh at all in the next few hours or day.. Anyways good luck in your homeworks hehe thank God I am not into engineering because regardless of the fact that i STINK in MATH and SCIENCE.. hehe I hate to stress my beautiful little mind :P
 
What Purg is trying to say is, "This is not a simple post. It makes him think. He does not like to think. Do not post more posts like this, in the future." :P

Amunki - It was kinda' hard to understand at first. All those big words made me dizzy but then I figured them out. Basal this and Basal that actually just meant Basic this and Basic that :P

I think it's all just a matter of coincidence. For example let's say, today I ditched a friend to go out with another friend. On the way, my car broke down. I could just use "Karma" as a scapegoat. Even if I hadn't ditched my other friend. The car STILL would have broken down. Karma has nothing to do with it. Yet, I would've still found a way to blame the car breaking down on Karma. That's my side of it :)
 
Shady: Your haikus just keep gettin' better. Kudos to you...

Jackie: This was your debut on my blog. Thanks for the comments :)

D&G: Basal. Yeah. Shoulda changed it. My bad. Plus, I keep forgetting there are "non-engineers" out there... hehe.
(Although, I am techinically an architect/designer, I still had to take 5 years of engineering classes.)

Redhairblueface: The female body is a mysterious thing...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?