Tuesday, May 17, 2005

 

Some of my favorite feminist quotes

People call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat or a prostitute.
--Rebecca West


Of all the nasty outcomes predicted for women's liberation--none was more alarming, from a feminist point of view, than the suggestion that women would eventually become just like men.
--Barbara Ehrenreich


I became a feminist as an alternative to becoming a masochist.
- Sally Kempton, journalist


Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
--Faith Whittlesey


I'm tough, I'm ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay.
--Madonna


There are very few jobs that actually require a penis or vagina. All other jobs should be open to everybody.
--Florynce Kennedy


Every time we liberate a woman, we liberate a man.
--Margaret Mead


Some of us are becoming the men we wanted to marry.
--Gloria Steinem


I think, therefore I'm single.
--Lizz Winstead


A woman is like a tea bag. It's only when she's in hot water that you realize how strong she is.
--Carl Sandburg


A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle.
--Gloria Steinem

Comments:
I agree :)
 
I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! »
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?